• The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package as well as great career progression.
Our client is a reputable shipping brand that owns and operates a diverse fleet of bulk carriers. They are currently looking for a suitably qualified individual to join their team as Assistant Manager, Insurance.
In this role, you will undertake the following tasks:
• Claims Handling/Submission/Collection and Advice.
• Timely notification of claims/ incidents to Underwriters / P & I Clubs.
• Recovery of claims from underwriters/ P & I Clubs and 3rd parties.
• Review of P & I, H & M etc claims.
• Database Control.
• Compilation of claims statistics.
• Relationship management with stakeholders.
• Team Lead.
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following prerequisites:
• Degree in Maritime Studies/ Business Management or equivalent and with ideally 4 to 5 years of working experience in marine insurance. Knowledge of dry bulk market will be a definite asset but not a must.
• Diploma in General Insurance or any other relevant insurance qualification.
• Experience in marine claims handling and management, as well as other general insurance or nom.
• Proficient in Word and Excel tables.
• Meticulous with good grasp of figures and mathematical calculations.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Independent and adaptable to changes.