Resident Engineer – Mechanical Building Services Singapore
• Opportunity to work for a busy Multi-disciplined Building Services Consultancy
• Background in ACMV / HVAC Building Services Design focus on Critical Services / Data Centre projects
• Able to boast a steady work flow of projects both in Singapore & across the region with Blue Chip technology companies
Our client is one of the Region’s leading Engineering Consultancies specialising in the design of sustainable, energy efficient building services for today's modern and complex buildings. Their Critical Systems team works with some of the largest and most innovative colocation providers and data centre operators, in the world. Working to high standards they have built their success on their technical excellence – providing robust and resilient, but also highly efficient facilities to support their client’s critical infrastructure.
Working on one of Asia’s most exciting data centre construction projects you will be responsible for reviewing the mechanical engineering contractor’s procedures from a technical point of view and will make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
You will also be required to monitor progress of the mechanical works against the contractor’s programme and resolve site design queries and coordination issues as necessary. You will bear witness to all inspections, testing and commissioning sessions performed by the contractor to ensure compliance with designs and specifications, and ensure timely submissions of shop drawings, technical submittals, samples etc. by the sub-contractors.
You will carry out work inspections and monitoring, record defects, and attend site meetings as clients’ representative.
Supported by a team of RTO’s reporting to you, you will also prepare and maintain detailed site records and provide regular reports on progress and quality control for inclusion in bi-weekly/monthly reports.
• Proven track record in managing delivery of Mechanical Building Services Design.
• Ideally you will be degree level qualified in Mechanical Engineering and have previous experience of Critical Services / Data Centre projects.
• Educated to diploma or degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering, with significant experience of both contractor and consultancy liaison.
• You will possess a wealth of practical experience of site based mechanical engineering and issue management, preferably within a data centre context.
• You will be experienced in carrying out work inspection, making detailed site records and producing reports.
• You will also be required to produce and interpret technical design solutions, specifications and safety documentation and have a solid understanding of building regulations and codes of practice.
• BCA Registered Resident Technical Officer is preferable but not essential.