Resident Technical Officer (RTO) – Mechanical Building Services Singapore
• Opportunity to work for a busy Multi-disciplined Building Services Consultancy
• Background in ACMV / HVAC Building Services Design focus on Critical Services / Data Centre projects
• Able to boast a steady work flow of projects both in Singapore & across the region with Blue Chip technology companies
Our client is one of the Region’s leading Engineering Consultancies specialising in the design of sustainable, energy efficient building services for today's modern and complex buildings. Their Critical Systems team works with some of the largest and most innovative colocation providers and data centre operators, in the world. Working to high standards they have built their success on their technical excellence – providing robust and resilient, but also highly efficient facilities to support their client’s critical infrastructure.
Working on one of Asia’s most exciting data centre construction projects and reporting to the Resident Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and control of daily site records, report preparation, drawings and documents. You will ensure that all site instructions are carried out accordingly, and issue further instructions and clarifications on design details when necessary.
You will manage the day to day inspections of construction works and ensure all M&E construction activities comply with the consultant’s specifications, local codes and regulatory requirements. You will also be required to supervise and enforce site quality control while coordinating with the client/main contractor/sub-contractor, and attend site meetings as required.
• Proven track record in managing delivery of Mechanical Building Services Design
• Ideally you will be degree level qualified in Mechanical Engineering and have previous experience of Critical Services / Data Centre projects
• Educated to diploma or degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering, with significant experience of both contractor and consultancy liaison.
• You will possess a wealth of practical experience of site based mechanical engineering and issue management, preferably within a data centre context.
• You will be experienced in carrying out work inspection, making detailed site records and producing reports.
• You will also be required to produce and interpret technical design solutions, specifications and safety documentation and have a solid understanding of building regulations and codes of practice.
• BCA Registered Resident Technical Officer is preferable but not essential.