Our client is a one of the growing MNC based in Japan.
Their business is optic manufacturing with its high level optical technologies into healthcare, medical, and electronics.
They are looking for Assistant Manager for Internal audit, based in Singapore.
We are currently looking for a Assistant Manager, Internal Audit to:
1. Perform internal audit in terms of entire business process such as Finance & Accounting Governance, Risk management, internal control, ESH and etc.
2. Identify risks on operations and financial and evaluate sufficient control processes to be in place to achieve goals of the company.
3. Assist in strengthening the corporate effectiveness and provide independent assurance on business process.
4. Plan, perform and coordinate the completion of assigned audits in accordance with defined audit programs and professional standards in established time frames.
5. Plan and perform internal audit according to defined programs, to evaluate control effectiveness of existing SOPs / WIs, prepare comprehensive audit report to Management, follow up on improvement plans and review progress of action plans committed by auditor committee.
6. Observe and examine transactions, documents, records, reports and procedures which prepares audit work papers recording and summarizing data pertinent to the assigned audits.
7. Identify and recommend opportunities for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining adequate controls to safeguard company assets.
8. Communicate properly to process owners and management, reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
9. Promote risk management best practices and raise organizational awareness on matters relating to governance, risk and compliance.
10. Coordinate effectively with audit team to complete internal audit as assigned.
11. Work closely with internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns.
12. Review the work of other team members and challenge their understanding of audit areas and processes to ensure adequate coverage.
13. Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns and recommendations.
14. Assist with training of staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, departmental procedures and staff scheduling of assignments based on level of skill needed for specific audits.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Our client needs someone with the following skills:
1. Functional Competency : Internal Audit, Assurance and Advisory.
2. Core leadership Competency : Strong management, leadership, organizational, planning skill, be able to demonstrate the ability to coach and develop the direct reports.
3. Education : Degree in Accountancy, Finance or relevant qualifications (qualified for CPA or CIA is highly preferred).
4. Experience : More than 5 years of progressive experience in Audit field.
5. Core behavioral Competency :
a. -Define the scope, goals and resource requirements of projects or assignments, prepare realistic project plans, and monitors project timeline, budget, and quality of work products or services delivered.
b. -Proactively identify and effectively address problems before they cause delays, excessive costs or other unfavorable consequences.
c. -Identify and utilize appropriate internal and external resources to accomplish specific objectives and project outcomes.
d. -Identify and anticipate client requirements, expectations and needs.
e. -Leverage understanding of the roles, responsibilities and interrelationships of those function area with which one interacts in order to develop the best solutions.
f. -Use appropriate quantitative procedures and tools to analyze data and make well reasonable decisions.
g. -Demonstrate in-depth technical/functional knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility.
h. -Communicate technical information in a way that others can understand.
i. -Understand the role and interrelationships of each function and involve them appropriately to accomplish goals
j. -Demonstrate the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort.
k. -Communicate clearly in conversations and group situations by adapting communication style and content to match the needs and interests of the audience.
l. -Influence others and address their needs and concerns in order to secure their support and commitment to achieving short- and long-term goals.
m. -Ask “what if” questions to test assumptions in the spirit of achieving the best results.
n. -Readily adapt work products, processes, or services in response to changes in the internal or external business environment.
o. -Show respect for the concerns and interests of others, and value each.