Our client is an MNC equipment manufacturing (Oil and Gas) and engineering services company.
Report to and is accountable to an Engineering Manager or a higher level engineer and is responsible for performing engineering activities as defined in procedures and work instructions.
* Duties shall include performing hand or computer assisted calculations, review and approval of engineering drawings, processing engineering design changes, interfacing with other departments, participating in Engineering Design Reviews and dispositioning NCR's.
* Responsible for creating new product designs and improving existing product designs.
* Has working knowledge and understanding of relevant industry standards.
* Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Assist with client/customer pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
* When needed, will also be responsible for test procedure writing, assisting with prototype construction, witnessing qualification testing and writing the test report.
* Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering discipline.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in the design and application of engineered offshore drilling and production equipment preferably in an oilfield equipment manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of capital drilling equipment in particular, diverters and surface wellhead system will be preferred.
* Solidworks software preferred.