* Lead the implementation of global and local communications strategies and plans
* Develop and implement a PR/social media strategy, drive exciting and dynamic editorial content and manage external media communications to enhance their brand image and positioning.
* Manage CSR initiatives delivering impactful and positive results to publicise and elevate CSR efforts internally and externally.
Our client is a leading Shipping & Logistics company serving the Energy sector, is seeking an experienced leader who can provide 'best practice' direction & strategy for the full range of Internal & External Comms. Under your guidance the team would be responsible for the coordination of External Comms, PR/media management, drive CSR initiatives, Incidents Management & Crisis Comms, Internal Comms and Reputation Management / Brand Awareness
A global leader in petroleum logistics solutions they have built a reputation for safe, high quality and comprehensive ocean transportation and specialist petroleum services to the world's largest oil companies, trading houses and refiners.
With over USD 3.7 billion total assets they're one of the Top 10 crude tanker owners globally and a Top 3 DPST operator. Their fleet comprises around 80 crude and clean ships, dynamic positioning shuttle tankers, highly specialised modular capture vessels and a fleet of purpose built lightering support vessels. Its business includes Crude Oil & Product (Chemical) shipping, dynamic positioning, modular capture, and lightering.
* Responsible for understanding the business and product's objectives and establishing a public relations program that stay align & promote them.
* Play a leading role in creating the Our Client'smessaging on thought leadership platforms, which will, in time, position the business as a thought leader in the market.
* Ensure that timelines, budgets, milestones, and deliverables meet the stakeholders' needs.
* Lead media outreach initiatives for The Groupinclusive of pitching corp comms materials, handling media queries, and managing relationships between The Groupwith local, national, and international media.
* Promote The Groupin media briefings, conferences, interviews, press releases, and articles.
* Responsible for developing content, storylines, and written materials and messages such as press releases, media advisories, pitches, presentations etc that are tied to the Our Client'sbrand and the PR plan framework.
* Responsible for the deployment of external communications content that increases the external stakeholders' as well as the employees' understanding of the Our Client'sbrand and positioning.
* Create storylines that inspire greater awareness of The Groupand services to the target audience, through press releases and media pitches
* Develop media relation strategies that cover the business's crucial publications, blogs, web sites, social influencers, industry associates and communities
* Play an active role in content creation, SEO keyword development, and directory listings, which increases outreach to consumers.
* Develop, maintain, and analyse of the business's public relations channels as well as enhance the PR analytics tools, and reporting process methods.
* Responsible for the analysis and redefinition of media databases when necessary for the purpose of optimising the business's audience reach.
* Develop and drive measurable results for all initiatives and create impact
* Perform other duties as he/she deems fit in the execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Head of Corporate Communications.
* Supervise and develop the Corporate Communications team member(s).
* Deputise for the Head of Corporate Communications as required.
* Education: Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Information Technology, Journalism or related discipline
* Experience: more than 10 years relevant experience in a fast moving and dynamic business environment
* Specialized knowledge/Skills:
* MS Office Applications (Words, PowerPoint & Excel)
* Proven track record of success in leading PR/Media, External communications and CSR programmes and demonstrating results.
* Experience working in multiple facets of communications, including, but not limited to PR/media, external communications, CSR, marketing communications, social and digital media, executive and employee communications and engagement.
* Analytical Skills: Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate complex PR and social media plans and strategies and in successfully executing them. Demonstrate skill and genuine interest in research and analysis of current PR trends that will keep the business at par with competing businesses in the market.
* Creativity and Innovation: Develop relevant but creatively compelling messages that address the external stakeholders' and customers' interests which gives the business & product a competitive edge.
* Technology/Web Savvy: Technologically competent, displaying excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of applications and softwares that are commonly used in business settings. Familiar with navigating key social media platforms and in social media trends that will enable the business to access a sizeable portion of its customers, potential customers and media outlets found online.
* Ability to influence, collaborate and partner across functions and all levels within a matrix organization
* Strong written/verbal communication, time management, and quantitative/analytical skills
* Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
* Knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) reporting.
* Knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability standards
* Business acumen: Understands the complexities of a global business, knows what the business drivers are and aligns Corporate Communications initiatives to the business strategy.
* Change management: Play a key role in supporting HR in strategic change programs through effective and timely communications. Challenges the status quo that hinders business growth.
* Deliverables oriented: Proven and successful experience in planning and managing multiple PR projects in a stressful environment or under tight deadlines.