Our client, an international organization that provides various services to the Marine & Offshore industry is on the lookout for a Warehouse cum Operations Manager to join their in Singapore.
The Warehouse cum Operations acts as a single point of contact for end users/clients. Covering all aspect of Warehouse and Operations including training, cutting down on costs, optimized processes, analyse root causes and others.
* Coordinate/ liaise with suppliers/ forwarder and shipping agents on timely arrangement of shipment/ freight schedule.
* Coordinate and resolve any issues that may occur throughout the entire shipment/ deliveries processes.
* Highlight potential delay in deliveries to project team/ management and assist in developing recovery schedules/ alternative plans so as to achieve timely deliveries.
* Assist in inland transportation of goods to yard premises.
* Evaluate performance of forwarder/ shipping agents and suppliers.
* Advise economic changes significant to organization's short and long terms interest.
* Review shipping work processes to enhance/ improve efficiency and productivity.
* Participate in contract review/ negotiation and execution with Clients and Vendors.
* Explore and implement best practices and strive for continuous improvement and inventory accuracy through implementation of projects
* Lead process related improvements to increase administration/operational efficiency by collaborating with stakeholder
* Lead cost savings initiative while ensuring operational excellence through resource planning and optimization - Increase of storage capacity and Increase in handling capacity
* Develop and set KPIs to enhance performance of the Department and ensure implementation and alignment to company's goals and mission.
* Review and establish Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments and ensure relevant standards are met and maintained.
* Plan and manage inventory including VMI Programs and establishes controls to ensure prompt replenishment at optimal efficiency while minimizing risk.
* Develop and ensuring alignment of Business Continuity Plan with organization guidelines.
* Conducting service provider / vendor selection and audits to ensure compliance.
* Perform Safety and Risk assessment and identify gaps for improvements and compliance.
* Monitoring and evaluating the performance of staff and provide training to ensure they have the necessary skills to meet the performance requirements.
* Develop long-term career paths for the team to ensure succession planning and skills development.
* Coordinate and manage Warehouse and Logistics provider in compliance to QAP/ SOP and relevant ISO/ EN standards.
* Prepare and manage the annual Department budget and formulate department work plan.
* Ensure expenditure is in line with budget and investigate on cost overrun.
* Developing strategic business relationships with vendors and clients.
* Any relevant academics.
* Working experience in the Marine & Offshore industry.
* 2-5 years of relevant working experiences.