Our client is an MNC that designs, manufactures, sells and services analytical technologies with applications across Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences to name a few.
* Design functional system components as well as sub-assemblies to support the development of new products or to improve existing products.
* Seek balanced optimal design by taking into consideration influencing factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, interchangeability, ease of assembly, and cost.
* Communicate and coordinate with other organizations affected by design development and changes, such as operations, logistics, quality, and suppliers.
* Understand and be able to apply in detail industry drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
* Process Engineering Change Orders and practice organized revision control using a PDM tool (SAP).
* Have proven track record of product development experience from concept stage to mass production.
* Have the ability to gather design requirements during early stages of development with strong communication and coordination with other stakeholders internally and across geographies.
* Conduct design reviews with key stakeholders, gather feedback and progress designs forward.
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to other members of the mechanical engineering team.
* Have proven project management and peer leadership skills to meet the design delivery timelines.
* Comply with all workplace safety regulations, company policies and procedures. Ensure work meets company quality standards.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated skills in 3D parametric modelling and drafting; Experience using Unigraphics NX is good to have.
* Good understanding of the following manufacturing methods - machining, stamping, moulding, forming, welding, brazing, soldering and adhesive bonding.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced design environment with complex project attributes, involving mechanical, electrical, fluidic and optical components.
* Ability to produce completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
* Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively within a team environment that may span multiple geographical and time zones.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, suppliers and customers.