We're working with a leading LV equipment manufacturer who provides LV / MV switchboards, control panels, instrumentation and automation solutions for clients in the power, oil and gas, transportation and utilities industries to recruit a Senior Design Manager with experience of designing LV Electrical Switchboards & Control Panels to meet customer / classification body specifications.
Our Client has just been awarded a major FPSO project & we are looking for an experienced electrical engineer able to run a small team of electrical design engineers developing design of electrical equipment for Offshore / Marine projects including layouts & circuit diagrams for LV switchboards & distribution boards & control panels.
Reporting direct to the MD your team of direct reports will include Design Manager + Head of Automation and indirectly supervise Head QC/Service & Production Manager activities to ensure timely delivery of project to specification & programme.
Key Deliverables in the role:
* Re-organise and revamp the design department to achieve consistently high design standards and increase productivity of the department.
* Implement the Standardization of the design systems, including establishing a standard in term of drawing presentation, circuit design, symbol table set-up etc.
* Implement the Design Control function and quality system for the total quality management system.
* To provide technical back up to Sales Department and Project Department in securing new projects.
Design Management / Project Execution
* Handling the complicated design to extend the design department capability.
* Resolve all technical related problem in the process of production and after product being delivered.
* Attend important project meeting to provide guidance and on the job training of the design aspect to the Head of Design Department.
* Responsible for new product development designs and improvements.
* Responsible for photo-type product design and developments.
* Ensure products are consistent with Company quality standards as well as Classification Board standard requirements.
* Conduct the corrective action and activities for non-conformance products.
Continuous Improvement / Best Practice Initiatives:
* Develop a document filing system so that the drawing are properly kept and up to dated.
* Develop a document filing system so that incoming and outgoing document can easily be retrieved and are properly filed.
* Set-up component libraries with proper indexing system.
* Engineering development and improvements for company's products for cost effectiveness, quality and technology to customer's need.
Team Management / Training / Professional Development
* Train the Head of Design Department to Schedule the submissions of approval drawing, shop drawing, working drawing, as built drawing and instruction manual etc. to ensure those are submitted according to the schedule as planned.
* Conduct in house training for the technical staff for their improvement
* Train and guide Design staff for technical improvement
* Conduct staff in house training when necessary
* Identify the training needs of Technical Staff
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 8-10 Years' experience in both Electrical Design and Management Experience
* To be successful you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in LV equipment / systems design & be familiar with electrical design codes, knowledge of ETAP software would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of Classification Boards' requirement such as ABS / DNV / BV / RINA / Lloyds Register, etc. would be an advantage.
* LV equipment design experience preferred, any knowledge of any of MSB, ESB, MCC, GSP, DB, Shore Box, test panel, battery charger panel, PMS systems would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
* Any previous Offshore O&G / Marine / Offshore wind / FPSO / Drill Ship / Rig project experience would also be an advantage but again not essential