Our client is a leading LV equipment manufacturer who provides LV / MV switchboards, control panels, instrumentation and automation solutions for clients in the power, oil and gas, transportation and utilities industries to recruit a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer with experience of delivering electrical equipment installation projects for Offshore O&G / Marine industry.
Our client has just been awarded a major FPSO project so that will be your main focus initially but they also have a full order book of projects (including Offshore Wind / FPSO / Drill Ships / Shallow Water Rigs & Jacking Systems) and we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer / Manager able to run their own projects working closely with the client & internal teams (design & production) to ensure smooth delivery of equipment to program & specification.
You will be required to take projects from the sales team once Terms signed & facilitate an effective handover ensuring the Design & Production teams are fully aligned to the client's requirements & able to deliver electrical equipment (mainly LV switchboards & distribution boards & control panels) that are compliant to relevant Classification Board requirements & ensure project deadlines are met.
To be successful in this role you will have a good understanding of Contracts, be able to Plan & Manage Project Schedules, liaise with vendors & suppliers to ensure timely delivery of items & be able to problem solve as & when issues arise.
Ideally you will have a proven track record in successful delivery of projects in Offshore / Marine industries & will have a technical background in Electrical Equipment (including knowledge of layouts & circuit diagrams for LV switchboards & distribution boards & control panels).
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support the sales department to achieve sales budget.
* Meet customers, understand their technical requirement and prepare a professional quotation.
* Liaise and negotiate with suppliers in order to prepare a competitive quote.
* Prepare job file and ensure all relevant documents are available and correct.
* Monitor project schedule and liaise with customers / class to arrange for approval / testing / delivery and commissioning Authority.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5+ years' experience in Project Management.
* To be successful you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in installation of LV equipment (ideally for Marine / Offshore projects) with excellent stakeholder management experience (external & internal).
* Knowledge of Shipyard Construction + Classification Boards' requirement such as ABS / DNV / BV / RINA / Lloyds Register, etc. would be an advantage.
* Any previous Offshore O&G / Marine / Offshore wind / FPSO / Drill Ship / Rig project experience would also be an advantage but again not essential.