If you are a results driven & ambitious Operations Manager with an extensive background in Port / Offshore Supply Base Management Operations looking for an opportunity to fast track your career then we might have the ideal opportunity for you! We are working exclusively a private investment firm that has a diverse portfolio of interests spanning Oil & Gas, Marine, Trading, and Real Estate sectors. With an already established presence in Africa they have a vision to connect Africa with the rest of the world & have recently been awarded the contract to set up & operate an Offshore Supply Base in South Africa.
To help them realize their vision we're seeking a Marine Base / Offshore Supply Base Manager with prior maritime experience and prior operating experience in Marine/Vessel related Port Operations within the Oil and Gas Industry. Our client is looking to operate an offshore supply base in the port offering Quayside Lay Down facilities, as well as providing specialist and generalist services for both the offshore oil and gas industry, as well as maritime traffic off South Africa's Western Coast
With previous experience of the management of Marine assets, vessel scheduling, producing/vetting pre sailing documentation, supply chain /logistics, client satisfaction, process improvement etc. you will be able to recruit & train your own team to deliver high standard of services to their customers & will be well versed in managing operations teams as well as client expectations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Building and providing leadership to the team conducting Bases's general day to day operations
* Create, implement and constantly review port/base marine operations procedure in compliance with Port Marine safety Code and other statutory bodies
* Develop reporting framework and ensure maintenance of same
* Managing Base's Marine and Financial performance
* Maintain Operational effectiveness while minimizing risk to life, property and the environment
* Provide leadership in the development of base management and staff. Share best practices and actions that foster organizational development
* Deliver effective, fit for purpose operational advice, support and problem solving based on best practices.
* Process Improvement
* Customer and Vendor relations
* International and Offshore Support Operations Management
* Confirm and schedule all vessel and Port operations including supplies bunker service
* Revenue Assurance
* Performing 'On Call' duties as Designated Person Ashore
To be successful you will need:
* Experienced Offshore Supply Base Manager with extensive background in Maritime industry supply chain / logistics operations + prior sea going experience.
* Knowledge of vessel loading / offloading operations
* Strengths in leadership, training, & team management, able to draw on own experience of running similar facility to provide operational know-how to train & develop relatively inexperienced team
* Someone able to take ownership & ensure clients requirements are met, ideally with strong stakeholder management skills, able to deal with clients based in Asia / Europe / Singapore
* In addition will be required to provide input to design & assist with project management of upgrade & expansion of base facility.
* With some business acumen you will have prior knowledge / experience of P&L responsibility, able to manage both the Base's Marine and Financial performance
What they can provide in return:
* Working within an Entrepreneurial & agile business set-up with experience of successfully running business operations in Africa, Asia & Europe they can offer both the guidance & opportunity to help you fast track your career & shape your own future within the business.
* The financial package will be structured to reward performance with an attractive bonus scheme designed to help share in the business's profitability.