Our client is a one of the renowned Japanese leading MNC firm dealing with Electric Machinery
They are looking for energetic individual to join.
The Assistant Section Manager shall be assigned to handle major projects. To oversee and lead a team of Project Manager(s)/ Project Engineer(s) and Site Supervisor(s) to manage major Project(s) to ensure timely delivery of project(s) according to contract agreement. This position also need to assist the Department Manager to manage the daily activities and work performance of the Installation & Testing Department.
* Leadership and Staff Management
* Provide leadership and guidance to Project Managers/ Project Engineers on project management skills
* Demonstrate capability to manage complex projects in order to guide Project Managers. (provide insights of projects by looking beyond the working level issues)
* Perform individual assessments to identify developmental opportunities. Identify training gaps and recommend training programs
* Perform individual performance interventions to address shortfalls or identified deficiencies
* Assess the team's capabilities and allocate projects to the project managers according to their workload and experience
* Support project managers in handling difficult clients and internal departments
* Project / Cost management
* Ensures that department overall milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
* Approval of Purchase Request (PR) for local supply items, sub-contractors and Variation Orders (VO)
* Monitor project budget and expenditures. Guide Project Managers to manage project budget
* To guide and ensure on time delivery of project according to contract specification / agreement(4-5 projects off-peak,14-15 projects peak, where projects run concurrently in 3 main phases, i.e.submission, installation and handover)
* Review cost issues highlighted by PMs and report to department head for his decision
* Reports and documentations
* Supervise and guide Project Managers to update monthly reports: progress, collection reports etc
* Prepares reports and audits to monitor and improve operations effectiveness
* Quality and Safety
* Supervise and guide Project Managers compliance with internal and mandatory safety, building laws and regulations
* Supervise and guide Project Managers compliance with installation of elebator/escalator according to Mitsubishi standards
* Administrative duties
* Resolve escalated issues arising from operations that require middle management coordination with other departments
* Support New Sales during tender regarding project scheduling and manpower resource planning.
* Clarify project cost issues with New Sales
* Approve PRs (within the project cost) except for deviations from contract norms
* Candidate must possess at least Bachelor Degree / Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or Engineering (Electrical/Electronic). (PEB recognised is a MUST)
* At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the elevator / lift project management field is a MUST for this position.
* Required Skill(s): Leadership, Interpersonal Skill, Communication, Organisation / Time Management, Management