Our client is one of the leading companies in chemical manufacturing business globally. They are looking for a General Manager to join IA and IC team at their regional HQ.
* Reporting to Managing Director
* Take the lead in financial and non-financial audits (Compliance, IT, Operational) at around 30 affiliates throughout Asia Pacific region.
* Provide independent and objective services to the businesses designed to manage risks and improve operations
* Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure records and controls are accurate
* Prepare detailed and executive summary audit reports for senior management, which add value, and highlight significant internal control deficiencies and recommend actionable remediation plans
* Complete audit assignments using a systematic and disciplined approach with assessing risks, internal controls, and governance processes
* Perform periodic training/consulting for management and Finance personnel in coordination with the Legal/Compliance IA/IC groups that promotes a high level of ethical awareness
* Contribute to Internal Control initiatives (i.e., internal control documentation, including business narratives, flowcharts, risk control matrices, policies, Control Self- Assessment)
* Perform independent and objective reviews and analyses of business activities and related policies and internal controls to improve operations, comply with laws, regulations and company policies to better manage risks.
* 10+ years of auditing, internal control, risk management or other related business experience, preferably in the industrial/manufacturing industry
* University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance is required
* Chartered Accountant, CPA, CFE, IA, IC certifications are a plus but not required
* IFRS knowledge required, knowledge of J-SOX requirement is an advantage
* Prior Public Accounting or Internal Audit or Internal Control experience is required
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). Analytics experience using (ACL, IDEA) is helpful
* Cross-cultural competence and awareness
* Strong project management skills - able to work on multiple projects concurrently
* Strong team player, who can work effectively on assignments with colleagues in Asia Pacific region and Japan, as well as other locations.
* Independent and self-motivated