About Our Client And The Role:
We are currently working with a leading LV equipment manufacturer who provides instrumentation, controls and automation solutions for solutions for clients in the power, oil and gas, transportation and utilities industries to recruit a Senior Design Engineer with experience of designing LV Electrical Switchboards & Control Panels to meet customer / classification body specifications.
With a full order book of projects including Offshore Wind / FPSO / Drill Ships / Shallow Water Rigs & Jacking Systems we are looking for an experienced electrical engineer able to produce electrical layouts & circuit diagrams for LV switchboards & distribution boards for use in Offshore / Marine environment. To be successful you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in LV systems design & be familiar with electrical design codes & requirement for the relevant classification bodies (ABS / DNV / BV / Rina).
* Plan and design Electrical Switchboards and Control Panels according to customer's, Class or authority body requirement and the standards set by the company
* Prepare Layout, Single line, control drawings and material list for production, quality control and purchasing departments
* Prepare approval drawings, short circuit calculations (if required) for submission to clients as well as class
* Co-ordinate with clients and class / consultants on the technical issue
* Attending technical discussions with clients and consultants when required
* Keep Sales / Project Department well inform for changes of technical requirements from the clients in order to claims of additional costs or time needed
* Closely check and follow-up on the design drawings with production departments and update as soon as possible
* Improve on the design of Electrical Switchboards and Control Panels. While taking into consideration of quality, standard as well as the cost effectiveness
* Assist and advise Sales & Marketing Department on technical matters and provided technical support for securing of contracts
* Update the as fixed drawings, writing instruction manuals (if required) for project closing submission at final state
* Maintaining proper records of master drawings, documents and filing according to the respective Work Order Numbers
* Maintaining the standard library, housekeeping of file server and the Design Office
* Follow the procedures of design control, documentation and data control, and quality system of the total quality management system
* Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering with more than 5 years relevant experience
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.