About Our Client And The Role:
If you are an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in construction of Marine Port / Quayside facilities (including; Fabrication Yard / Tank Farm / Pipe Coating / Toll Blending Plant / Shore to Ship pipeline) looking for a challenging new project then we might have the ideal opportunity for you! The company we are working exclusively with have recently been awarded the contract to set up & operate an Offshore Supply Base in South Africa, there is an existing facility that is currently operational but our client is scheduled to begin construction next year of Phased expansion of the existing Expansion of Quayside Facility & Infrastructure + new build Tank Storage Farm (x14 Tanks), Toll Blending Plant, Pipe Coating & Fabrication Yard. There are also plans to build shore to ship pipeline to support their Bunkering operations.
To help them realize their vision we're seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager / Project Director with prior Marine / O&G project experience able to operate as client side representative, providing support to the EPC Project Management team & liaising with the various Govt agencies to help ensure project is kept moving forwards in line with programme & budget.
The key deliverables in this role will be based around stakeholder management & ensuring the construction programme is kept on track, compliant to the design scope & works are completed on time & within budget. The build is yet to go to site but FEED stage is completed & our client has already engaged a Project Management company to oversee the EPC contractor but your role will be to act as the main point of contact for all external stakeholders, handling the day to day queries, agreeing design alterations as required & maintaining good working relationships with the local govt. agencies to ensure required permits & licenses are in place for construction works to run smoothly without delays.
As the base will remain operational throughout you will also be required to ensure Construction works continue with minimum disruption to the continued operation of the Base (in particular Quayside & Laydown areas + Bunkering operations)
* Oversee construction of all projects ensuring the delivery in line with original design scope and deadlines
* Work closely with Project Management company, EPC Contractor & vendors to ensure Project milestones hit & work completed to budget, program & specification
* Handle on-site queries / approve design alterations / troubleshooting issues on site
* Ensure construction works cause minimum disruption to continued operation of Offshore Supply Base
* Strong grasp of Quality & HSE requirements and to ensure safe work practices carried out on site at all times
* Knowledge of applicable Building Codes & Regs
* External - Local Govt Authorities (inc DPWI / NERSA / Transnet / NPA / SAMSA) + PM Consultants / EPC Contractors
* Internal - Business Unit Heads (in this case OSB manager / Bunker Operations Manager) + JV Partners
* Minimum of 10 years Senior Construction Management experience in Marine / O&G industry (ideally with some experience in SA but not essential)
* Should have Engineering Degree in relevant engineering field (ideally Mechanical / Civil Engineering / Construction Management) able to liaise with Design Consultants to handle / approve design alterations as necessary
Candidates' Background / Experience / Approach
* Must have experience of working International projects & managing multi-cultural workforce - must be able to demonstrate strong EQ / culturally sensitive / adaptable / flexible approach (experience in South Africa / Africa preferred but not essential)
* Must have proven track record in managing projects to complete to program, cost & specification - able to manage multiple concurrent projects
* Strong Leadership skills with hands-on approach - someone able to hold people accountable
* Strong stakeholder management skills, able to adapt approach to match varying stakeholder relationships
* Clear & strong communicator, able to get point across & influence stakeholders in diplomatic yet forthright manner
* Previous project experience should include some of the following: Marine / Port Facilities / Offshore Supply Base / Fabrication Yard / Pipe Lay/Coating / Tank Storage / Lube Blending Plant / Loading & Offloading facility / Pipeline
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.