Are you intrigued by spearheading digital innovation across the financial industry? Do you have practical knowledge of financial services regulatory framework in Singapore?
Our client in Singapore is looking for a Legal Counsel to join the APAC Legal team. This is a dynamic and exciting in-house role that offers the possibility of joining a global FinTech.
* Provide commercially-sound legal advice on a range of legal matters (commercial, financial, regulatory, corporate, IP, IT, data protection, etc.); ensure business activities are conducted in line with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures
* Draft, review and negotiate contracts and other legal documentation (including but not limited to brokerage and trading agreements, ISDA agreements, custody agreements, marketing and licensing agreements, NDAs, MOUs etc.)
* Manage client disputes which may include liaising with external counsel for litigation, dispute resolution and settlement negotiation
* Provide legal advisory support on all current and upcoming regulations and consultation papers issued by the regulators and other relevant regulation including, but not limited to, technology and outsourcing matters
* Ensure contract documentation for all transactions are compliant with the bank's group contract policy, material legal risks are advised to the relevant risk owners and appropriate dispensations, where required, are obtained in accordance with relevant bank policies
* Support/manage ad-hoc commercial projects within the region
You will be part of the APAC Legal team whose members are based in Singapore, Sydney and Japan. Our Client support the business and advise on a broad range of legal matters from day-to-day activities to matters of strategic importance and group relevance. You will be reporting to the Head of Legal, APAC.
* Knowledge of the financial services regulatory framework in Singapore, either from private practice or in-house
* Detailed knowledge of commercial and technology legal matters
* Interest in and understanding of the developing fintech environment; engagement of fintech companies and implementing various commercial and cooperation models with third parties
* Experience with dispute/complaints handling
* Must be a qualified lawyer with minimum 2-6 years' post qualification experience
* Comfortable working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
* Able to handle pressure and use to working to challenging deadlines
* You are a team player with an ability to work collaboratively and, where applicable, independently with minimal supervision
* Great at building networks and connections with internal clients at all levels
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you will need to be someone who can think outside of the box and has an appetite for learning. The ideal candidate is a lawyer with commercial acumen.
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.