An Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries with four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking.
Functional Overview: This is a role in Credit Risk Management (CRM) Department of the Corporate Banking division based in Singapore and will cover counterparty credit exposure from loan and derivative transactions in South-East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
* Undertake Due Diligence (DD) visits / calls with clients, lead credit conversations and collect credit information necessary for undertaking credit analysis
* Conduct in-depth credit research and analysis on borrowers and write high quality Credit Memos. This include projecting borrower's future operating performance and financial position backed by realistic assumptions and sensitivity analyses (base case and downside case)
* For derivative trades, prescribe credit terms and financial and other covenants for legal documents like ISDA/CSA and GMRA
* For loan trades, thoroughly analyze the loan structure, credit terms, security terms and legal structure. Factor in risks and mitigation of such analysis into credit decisions
* Present credit views effectively to senior Risk Management / Committees
* Analyze and approve derivative trades and monitor limit utilization
* Regular monitoring of the portfolio for early identification of potential problem counterparties for remediation actions
* Minimum 7 years of related Credit Analysis work experience analyzing corporates in a Rating Agency, Commercial Bank, or an Investment Bank
* Proficient in analyzing Derivative Trades and Loan Trades
* Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
* Strong financial modelling skills
* Team player, result oriented and shows ability to adapt
* Quant background, though not a must, will be an advantage
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.