About Our Client And The Role:
Our client is a premier developer. Due to the company business expansion plan, our client is looking to hire an experienced Compliance Manager for ASEAN region.
The role is expected to develop & implement regional compliance policies align with Japan HQ's goal, review, assess and improve internal control system, monitor key risk indicators to ensure that the policies and business procedures of all subsidiary companies and branches in the region (Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand & Australia) comply with the local countries' regulatory and ethical standards.
* Provide ongoing review and all necessary support to Japan HQ in implementation of existing corporate compliance policies and regulations to all subsidiaries in the region
* Design, develop and implement new regional compliance policies and procedure details in line with it's headquarters' goal
* Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including but not limited to policies, investment activities, company business procedures etc
* Design and monitor internal control systems to violations of legal rules and internal policies, undertake regular review and provide effective improvements advice
* Provide consultation to management & employees when they have any concerns on ethical or compliance issues, conduct investigations when any compliance problem arise, and review the procedures to identify the hidden risks
* Consult and liaise with external lawyers/attorneys, local Authorities on regulatory compliance issues when necessary
* Design, implement and conduct legal & compliance training sessions across the region
* Supervise compliance officers and team
* Bachelor's degree or above in Law or relevant field
* More than 8 years of compliance relevant working experience with a minimum of 2 years of management experience
* Strong knowledge of the regional real estate investment compliance regulations
* Candidates with relevant compliance working experience in financial industry, investment sectors are welcome to apply
* Able to handle hands-on duties as well as to lead the compliance & internal control function
* Equipped with analytical mindset, strong attention to details whilst possessing personal integrity and robust character
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.