We're currently working with a leading Oil & Gas major in their search for a Central Commodities Originator, who'll be responsible for identifying, pursuing and building strong relationships with feedstock and refined product customers to secure term markets for the sale, purchase, or exchange of feedstock and products into their portfolio.
* Develop and manage the pipeline of global origination opportunities and, in conjunction with the Manager Central Origination, to report status to Leadership Team members
* Originates complex, multi-commodity transactions, including those that require financial structuring
* Leads negotiation of complex, long-term definitive agreements, including coordination of internal stakeholders for input and alignment, drafting negotiation strategy and due diligence plans, execution of negotiation mandates and managing use of external resources / internal SMEs. May also lead the process to socialize / integrate any executed agreements to ensure accurate implementation and aligned interpretation within stakeholders
* Networks and leverages existing industry relationships to generate leads, supports and/or develops commercial opportunities, gathers market intel, develops & communicates unique POV's on market developments and recognized as an origination leader within the industry
* Serves as a resource to support single commodity originators and as a SME for utilization / enhancement of the commercial negotiations toolkit within Supply and Trading commercial/origination functions
* Works tightly with GMs and VPs on originated opportunities
* Bachelor's Degree required
* At least 15+ years of work experience in commercial or relevant roles in the Oil & Gas Industry; Experience working large trading houses / financial intermediaries as Multiple Commodities Market Originator for numerous Asia markets.
* Entrepreneurial aptitude with proven history of deal capture, including negotiation of complex agreements; capability to independently develop and execute plans to meet objectives; ability to utilize decision analysis tools and processes to evaluate multiple options for solutions
* Thorough understanding of the complex drivers within regional markets and how it trades; understands the major influences on prices and the related impacts to the business and customer base; understands price relationship between products and regions
* Extensive and well cultivated base of established industry contacts at the senior leadership level that are suitable for further engagement; builds and maintains good relations with customers and stakeholders; promotes understanding of customer requirements and expectations; creative thinker with the ability to generate new opportunities to help meet the needs of the customer base while generating value; ability to prioritize customer visits to pursue high value opportunities for the business
* Drives for results in keeping with the company's Ways of Working; applies OE and financial discipline; anticipates, identifies and mitigates risks; contributes differing points of view to enhance decisions; delivers on commitments
* Experience with and ability to participate effectively as part of a team, internally and cross-functionally; ability to coordinate activities and address discrepancies between trading teams, operations, legal, contracts and credit. Able to lead and leverage resources of a team to drive results
* Able to travel 25% - 50% travel to meet with potential customers and / or internal stakeholders as required to satisfy job requirements