We are currently working with a leading one-stop power solutions company to recruit a Sales Manager (SEA) - Renewable Energy. In this role you will be tasked with helping to set up a new division for their business focused on providing their clients with Renewable Energy / Hybrid Power generation solutions. This new BU will operate as an extension of their existing traditional Power Generation business & you will be developing a new sales offering / value proposition for their clients to help provide them with clean, energy efficient solutions customized to the clients individual needs & requirements & their service includes; supply, installation, operation and maintenance of power plant equipment.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the Power Generation market - ideally with previous Renewable Energy experience (PV Solar / Wind / Energy Storage) - with a strong understanding of the Tender & Bid processes within Power Utilities sector.
Your experience can either be from equipment manufacturer and/or from Power Utility / End User / Developer background but we are looking for someone with a network of contact within the industry & must possess a 'hunter' mentality, able to win new business as well as cultivate new opportunities from existing clients.
In this role you will be required to develop & execute Sales & Business Development strategies to achieve & exceed sales targets & help grow their business, initially you will be operating in an Individual Contributor capacity but there would be the opportunity to build a team as the business grows. In return our client is able to offer an attractive salary package including commission schemes.
* Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
* Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
* Set up meetings with potential clients and establish needs & requirements
* Prepare and deliver presentations on products and services to clients / at relevant trade fairs
* Produce Sales reports & ensure carrying out required activities to hit sales targets
* Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences
* Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
* Collaborate with team members / internal & external stakeholders to share client & market intel
* Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering and / or Sales and Marketing field
* At least 5+ years of experience in sales / business development with Power Generation / Utilities / Renewable Energy industries